16.2.14

A Few of My Favorite Things

One of my goals this year is to be more intentional about buying handmade/local. I've had my own Etsy shop, Free Spirit Jenny, for a couple of years, but honestly, I never really purchased much for myself off of Etsy. Part of the reason is because in the past two years I had our second son, Elliot and was also busy setting up our new home. We had just moved from West Africa, where we had spent the previous four years working at a school for missionary kids, and we had almost nothing to set up house with! So, a lot of our money was going to furnish our new home- and dang, it takes a lot! I thrift and re-purpose almost everything we own, and it still added up quickly! All that to say, I didn't exactly have a lot of extra cash lying around to buy cool, handmade stuff. Now that my shop is taking off a little more, I can afford to pick up a few new things here and there. I'm going to start featuring some of my favorites on my blog, so you guys can get to know a few of the very creative artists behind them! Let's do this thing!


Check out this sweet, book letter monogram by the talented, Simply Vintage GA. Seriously, some people are just so creative. I would never look at an old, Reader's Digest book and think, "Yeah, I think I'll carve that into a letter." Anyway, I think they are super cute. She does ampersands, too. I had to hold back and just order one for now.


Wouldn't this be super cute if you spelled out L.O.V.E or you and your hubbies initials? She has all different kinds of colors and patterns. Fun. Anyway, if you get a chance, check out Krystal's Etsy shop!

1 comment:

  1. Okay, I just saw these in a cool furniture market we just found locally! So cool.

    ReplyDelete