20.3.14

Let Love Be Louder



I can't stand reading or watching the news anymore. So much of it is scary, depressing, gross, disturbing, etc, etc, etc. And I'm not one of those people who just wants to live in my own, comfortable bubble and not think about people who are suffering. I just feel like our culture jumps on anything drama worthy and anything negative, because it's interesting. For me, I can get caught up in this "the world is going to pot and everyone is messed up" mentality. It feels hopeless sometimes. I feel useless to help. But the truth is, there is hope. Hope in Jesus Christ.

This world IS messed up, and always has been...but there's a light at the end of the tunnel. And oh, also...there are people, many people, trying to make a positive difference. There are people doing good things, selfless things, brave things, compassionate things...and sadly, we hardly ever get to see them on the news or on the front page of a magazine. My point is, there are lots of bad things happening all around us every single day, but we can let love be louder. Louder than evil, louder than corruption, louder than greed. One thing God has really taught me in the past couple of years is that He can use ANYTHING for good. He takes our brokenness and makes good out of it. He uses our creativity, our talent, our mistakes, our passions, our stories for good. Let's let love be louder than hate. Let's live our lives with the knowledge that God can use even the smallest things to touch someones life and to make an impact.

No comments:

Post a Comment